This programme aims to give an answer the questions below, that are still far too commonly asked by both children and adults:
“What’s the point of maths?!”&
“When will I use this?!”
We want to show that maths is used for a lot more than you may think, everywhere around us! Go to Quick Read Uses to find the latest posts explaining Weird & Wonderful uses of Maths in a way that everyone can understand.
We are available to give engaging sessions at schools, clubs and youth groups to inspire young people about the wide range of mathematical applications out there! Younger audiences have hands on activities to try and older audiences also have the opportunity to learn about career routes in applied mathematics and university life. Click here to find out more about our sessions…
- Using maths to solve crimes 🔎🚨(part 1)
- What do sharks 🦈, spider monkeys 🐒 , tuna 🐟 and honey bees 🐝 have in common? They all use maths to find their food!
- The maths of modern dating 💘
- Using maths to predict locations of floods and drought💧
- The maths used to make Woody and his friends – how Pixar make their animations 🤗🤩❤️
Copyright What’s the point of Maths? – All rights reserved